|Chuch in Kaprun|
|Plenty of cycling routes|
|Lake at Zell am See|
Thirty great reasons to visit and stay in Kaprun / Zell am See in the Austrian summer.
- Scenery to inspire.
- Fresh clean alpine air to relax in.
- The sports centres, indoor pool, spa and recreation center in Zell am See.
- A trip to Salzburg
- A trip to Innsbruck
- Swimming and bathing fun in Lake Zell
- Water sport-swimming, sailing, surfing, diving, water skiing on the lake at Zell.
- Hiking trails at all altitudes, with different challenges, and different views.
- Cable cars up to 3,000 m above sea level
- One of Austria’s premier golf clubs with two 18-hole golf courses in a spectacular location.
- Over 200 km route of the bike cycle route called the "Tauernradweg"
- Over 700 km of well defined mountain bike routes some used in the mountain bike downhill World cup competition.
- Over 25 km of bridle paths, for you to enjoy horse riding.
- Over 40 different types of sports for all the family to enjoy.
- Summer skiing up on the on the Kitzsteinhorn glacier.
- Kaprun castle festivals.
- Village, lake, city and alpine festivals.
- Concerts, theatres, exhibit, museums, galleries locally and in Salzburg and Innsbruck.
- Canyoning, river rafting, climbing, mountaineering, paragliding, mountain biking and so much more.
- Fun and varied program for children
- A visit to Kaprun’s reservoirs.
- Railway trips Salzburg or Innsbruck.
- Visit Krimmel waterfalls perhaps taking you cycles on the train, and cycling down the valley with a day to remember
- An alpine drive over the alps on a road only open May to September!
- Castles to visit, including Werfen castle with the display of falconery
- Visit a large ice cave above Werfen castle only discovered just over 100 years ago.
- Many great places for all the family to visit.
- A 7 mile walk around the lake at Zell
- Sit and have a coffee and take in the view
- Relax you are on holiday.
For further information and ideas link to the article 22 - 23 reasons to visit Zell am See, Kaprun and surrounding areas for a winter holiday see this link.
Another great reason to visit the area will be the opening of a brand new spa complex , it will is called Tauern Spa-world-Kaprun, the cost of the development comes in at around 85 million euro.
The spa covers a site of 18,600 metres square and with a water recreation area of 2060 metres square. It promises to be a superb enhancement to the area, make it an even more attractive place to holiday throughout the year.
The site of the spa is just a few minutes walk from the center of Kaprun, it sits in the valley bottom, surrounded my majestic mountains, and a stunning view of the Kitzsteinhorn glacier with its glacier.
I feel sure that it will be worth the wait to visit.