Austria, Kaprun, Zell am See, 12 Snow weather ski reports.
The snow reports and weather forecasts are available from a number of different sources. With some sites giving the same information but showing it in another format.
The recommended weather / snow forecast sites in no particular order include:-
- Snow forecast a little slow at times to load up but worth the wait. The "Snow forecast" site also goes onto a link to a 6 day weather / snow forecast of the Kitzsteinhorn ski area above Kaprun.
- The British Newspaper the Daily Telegraph runs a Ski weather foracast from their website this one is for the adjacent ski resort of Zell am See which is part of the Europa ski site of Kaprun and Zell am See.
- The J2Ski website does another version of the weather this time with a 7 day forecast, this site will appeal for those who like their weather data in the form of a graph. It does give also the wind direction, wind speed, amount of new snow and a fair amount of additional information.
- The Snow Rental site gives the weather in a very basic format, for those who just want the basic update.
- Ski finder from their website have links to Metcheck, which takes you back to very detailed and technical weather forecast, you weather techies will not be disappointed with the "Metcheck" report, it has got bells and whistles, or should that be snowflakes and icicles?
- On the Kitzsteinhorn mountain the ski lift company do updates on the weather, also information on the number of lifts open and ticket prices etc. This includes the glacier ski area where it is possible to ski all year round.
- The snowtex website gives another version, but from the site are "live cams" so you can judge for yourself the ski conditions
- The BBC weather do a snow forcast, including the number of lifts open, the information comes from the Ski club of Great Britain they have more detailed information on the historic weather conditions for the area, however this is only available to members. Over recent years there has been a massive investment in snow making facilities, as long as it is cold enough there will be plenty of snow.
- The On the Snow website even tells you whether it will be a full moon or not! With a few cameras and photos thrown in for good measure.
- For those who want to come back to the area in the summer there is another link to a summer weather forecast site for Zell am See and Kaprun
- For those who like their weather in German try this site from the "Alpenverin" website.
- Again for the summer is the "Windfinder" site, which will give you a good idea before you set of sailing or windsurfing on the lake at XZell am See. Or perhaps hang-gliding or wind surfing of the Schmittenhohe.
- Found another site to make it a bakers dozen of weather, this one from the Austrian tourist board website.
"May it snow at night and be sunny in the day!"
Derek - Austria